I made this recipe up so don’t critique me! It’s amazing and can be used as a meal or for a side dish. It’s gluten free, vegan, filling, and delicious! It’s great for inflammation and has a deep spiritual meaning behind the ingredients. You can find that information in Anthony William’s Life Changing Foods book!
Agave Maple Sweet Potato & Chic Pea Curry Rice
-One Organic Sweet Potato
-Organic Curry Spice (Farmers Market Finds are the best)
-Agave Maple Syrup (Trader Joe’s) or any Organic Agave
-1/2 tsp. Coconut Oil
-1 Tbs. Grape Seed Oil
-Pink Himalayan Salt
Preheat oven to 450.
1. Clean, peel, and chop sweet potato to your desired size. (I did small cubes)
2. Place chopped sweet potato pieces in a large bowl and add grape seed oil, agave syrup, and Himalayan salt. I don’t measure these out because I base it off of what I feel is enough. Start off with a little of each, toss in the bowl, and add more if necessary.
3. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread sweet potato mixture and sprinkle cinnamon on top to your liking. (I used a lot because why the hell not). Sprinkle some more agave, salt, or grape seed oil if you feel it needs more. Place baking sheet in the oven for about 30 minutes. (Check on it often to make sure it’s not burning)
While that’s cooking in the oven:
4. Cook one cup of rice in a pot on the stove top. Any rice is fine but make sure it’s Organic/Non-GMO and rinse before cooking. (Usually two cups of water for every one cup of rice) add curry to your liking and cover, stirring occasionally. (The more curry you add, the spicier it will be.)
Also, I don’t use tap water ever so try not to do that because it’s contaminated. Don’t believe me? Do some research. Ok sorry back to the recipe.
5. In another pot, add one can of organic Chic Peas with about 1/2 tsp. of coconut oil. Add in agave maple syrup until you feel it’s enough. (Remember you can always add more) Stir occasionally.
6. Once the rice, sweet potatoes, and chic peas are cooked, add them all in a large bowl. Make sure to scrape all of the pans and pots used to get all the flavor. Mix until all ingredients are evenly spread throughout the bowl.
7. Enjoy the shit out of this amazing dish.
Store in glass containers in the fridge for leftovers. To heat up, use a baking sheet in the oven or toaster oven for about 7-10 minutes. DO NOT USE A MICROWAVE. EVER. LIKE EVER EVER. FOR ANYTHING.
-I added a little extra agave syrup when I mixed all the ingredients together because I didn’t use a lot during the cooking process. Remember you can always add more so don’t over use!
-Curry is great for inflammation but also clears out your system. So be prepared to poop quite a lot if you’re new to eating curry dishes. Don’t worry issa good poop though.
-This dish is vegan and gluten free because of the ingredients I consciously bought. So make sure you read the packages before purchasing if you are sensitive to gluten and to make sure there is no dairy or meat if you are vegan!
-Again, I made this up myself so if you love it please let me know and if you hate it, kindly gtfo. Just kidding, I enjoy getting feedback of all types so please don’t hesitate to roast me or to let me know if it’s amazing. I’m the type of cook who doesn’t usually measure because I trust myself. Every time I make a dish it comes out amazing. So if you’re new to cooking try to be in touch with your inner Gordon Ramsey and put a dash of this and a dash of that and see what happens.